My son and I are leaving our small town in southeastern United States to live for a year in a small town in southeastern France. It couldn't possibly be THAT different, right?

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Noël

This was the least hectic Christmas week in recent memory.  Because we know very few people, we did not buy lots of presents for people outside of the family.  This meant that all of our present-buying energy and money was focused on Jed who only asked for one thing:  100 marbles.  We easily found that along with a few surprises, and Jed was thrilled.   
Jed added two new wrestlers to his action figure collection.

These chocolates were a special request, and the guys came through!  I remembered them from when I lived in France over 25 years ago.

I have never been responsible for a Thanksgiving or Christmas meal so today was a little scary for me.  I was able to pull it off thanks to the rotisserie chicken man at the market.  I bought my chicken yesterday and then just roasted carrots, beets, potatoes, mushrooms, onions, garlic, and green beans.  That and a pear and gorgonzola salad and an ice cream bûche de Noël was our Christmas lunch.  (The things that look like worms in this photo are onions.)

Jed was feeling particularly generous today and agreed to try a sliver of chicken, two potato chunks, two green beans and some lettuce.  If you do not live with a picky eater, this might seem like very little, but it represents real progress for Jed.  And then a Christmas miracle occurred!  Jed ate carrots!  


Jed and Sam spent most of the afternoon working on this 200-piece puzzle.

No comments:

Post a Comment