My son and I are leaving our small town in southeastern United States to live for a year in a small town in southeastern France. It couldn't possibly be THAT different, right?

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Téléthon

It's been a while since I posted because I've been buried in grading and parents' nights and report cards.  I still have not finished my work, but I took a break today to go to the Téléthon downtown, and I'm so glad that I did.  We stayed for about five hours and had a fabulous time.

Watch this woman attempt to beat the world record for the number of "boules" hit in an hour.


Unfortunately, she did not meet her goal.  The record stands at 1084, and she only hit 843 in an hour---an impressive effort nonetheless!


This is my English department colleague, Anne, playing in her steel drum band.




Jed, Néo, and Dom see who is the sharpest shooter on the laser firing range.

Jed and Néo bravely climbed huge walls while Dom and I decided to keep both feet on the ground.








Me and Jed in front of the Hotel de Ville's Christmas display.



Néo and Dom

No comments:

Post a Comment