My son and I are leaving our small town in southeastern United States to live for a year in a small town in southeastern France. It couldn't possibly be THAT different, right?

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Dad arrives!

On Tuesday around 9:00 p.m. Jed and I went to the train station to pick up Sam.  I wish that I had thought to get out my camera sooner so that I could have videoed their reunion.  Jed ran down the platform when we saw the tallest man in France get off of the train in a long, blue coat.  He screamed, "Daddy!!!!,"and jumped into his arms.  It was adorable.  He then tried to carry all of Sam's belongings---his gigantic suitcase and his computer bag---at the same time.  Needless to say, that idea did not last long.  When we finally got everything up the five flights of stairs to our apartment, Jed plopped onto the sofa with Sam and did not let him out of his sight until he fell asleep around midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment