My son and I are leaving our small town in southeastern United States to live for a year in a small town in southeastern France. It couldn't possibly be THAT different, right?

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Châteauneuf du Rhône

    Our friend, Dominique called us this morning to tell us about a medieval festival in a town about 8 kilometers from us.  She was on her way out of town at the time and went by it, I guess, so she passed along the information.  She always tries to make sure that Jed and I know what is going on around the area.  I don't know what we would do without her!
     Since I am always looking for new ways to procrastinate, Jed and I decided to check out the festival in the late afternoon.  We paid 3 euros to get in and then played games, listened to music, watched street theater, drank mulled wine (apple juice for Jed), and ate crêpes (When do we NOT eat crêpes, I'm starting to wonder!).  Here are a few photos.


Street in Châteauneuf du Rhône


The church


I think that this is called the Maison des Seigneurs.


Hurling game.  Jed has never shown an interest in baseball but he could sure knock the heck out of the faces in those windows.  


We couldn't really follow what they were saying, but their delivery was hysterical.


Fabulous makeup!  There were people like this all over the streets.





At every festival we attend, there are volunteers who spend hours making crêpes for the crowd.  Jed's favorite is the Nutella crêpe.

No comments:

Post a Comment