My son and I are leaving our small town in southeastern United States to live for a year in a small town in southeastern France. It couldn't possibly be THAT different, right?

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Faculty party

On Friday evening I drove back to Cléon d'Andran with a sweet potato casserole to attend the faculty party.  There were not many of us there.  Mostly women came.  In fact, the only men were one husband and Monsieur Galléa, the principal.  We all brought a dish to share, and I think that the school provided the adult beverages.  I had planned to be home by 9:00 at the latest, but that was before I knew that the apéritif reception would be turned into a girl dance party.  As the crowd dwindled, Brigitte turned up the music, turned down the lights, and we began to dance.  I haven't had that much fun since I've been here.  The women taught me a French line dance, and I taught them the Electric Slide.  I ended up getting back to the apartment at 11:30, exhausted.
Marianne, Aurelie

Brigitte, Caroline(my official mentor, but there are many people who help me)

Marie-Lise, Solène

Gift exchange

No comments:

Post a Comment