My son and I are leaving our small town in southeastern United States to live for a year in a small town in southeastern France. It couldn't possibly be THAT different, right?

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Le Palais des bonbons et du nougat

Wednesday, December 21st was a lost day for me.  I was so sick that I could not get out of bed all day.  I had fever and chills and felt very weak.  At times like these, it is wonderful to have another adult in the house.  I don't know what poor little Jed would have done if Sam had not been here!

I felt somewhat better today so the three of us ventured out after lunch to go to the Palais des Bonbons et du Nougat, a place that has been beckoning me and and Jed since our arrival.  It cost us a hefty 27 euros to enter the museum, but I think that it was worth it.  The entire history of sweets was on display for those who took the time to read the information and look at the pictures.  That's not really Jed's style, though, so we sped through that part, I'm afraid.  We only paused to look at candy sculptures and replicas of famous works of art in candy.  We spent most of our time in the antique toys area and around the corner in the modern toy era where we played PS3.  After a quick visit to the gift shop (the main raison d'être of this museum), Jed played in the inflatable play area known as Badaboum.  It turned out to be a fun way to spend a cold, rainy day in between sneezes.  
 


I forgot my camera so all of these shots were borrowed from the internet.  Sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment