My son and I are leaving our small town in southeastern United States to live for a year in a small town in southeastern France. It couldn't possibly be THAT different, right?

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Lille

When Amy got out of school on Tuesday, she took me and Jed into the center of Lille to show us around.  Apparently, Lille is a big shopping mecca.  We passed by lots of fabulous boutiques and went into several of them, much to Jed's frustration.  If I had been without child, I probably would have gotten myself into some spending trouble.  Stephen, Sev, and Dorian met up with us later in the afternoon, and we all had dinner at a crêperie.

On the Grande Place where Jed and Dorian played catch for about an hour

The Opéra

The post office tower

Good buddies

Sev climbs the steep steps to the restroom---where there was a lovely little table and two chairs across from the toilet.  ???  Best seats in the house?

Pizza and crêpes for dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment