My son and I are leaving our small town in southeastern United States to live for a year in a small town in southeastern France. It couldn't possibly be THAT different, right?

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Harleys in France

    Bénédicte invited me and Jed to go to an American car and motorcycle show in Montboucher-sur-Jabron (about 5 km from here) this afternoon.  Since it was a lovely day (despite the wind) and because we like adding interesting experiences to our memory bank, we said, "Yes, of course!"
    The event was smaller than Bénédicte thought that it would be so we didn't stay for very long.  After the kids said, "Cool!" a few times, they had had enough of looking at old vehicles, especially since they could not touch anything and since the moms refused to buy them biker accessories from the vendors.
    I could have spent the afternoon in the sun listening to the American country singer, Liane Edwards, but no one else wanted to stay.  I at least wanted to wait until she had a break to ask her how she ended up living and working in France, but the boys were antsy to get back to the courtyard football game that they had left behind.  So here I am indoors in front of a computer on a gorgeous day!  I do too much of that!


The Drôme has a Harley club.


Jed and his hog


I don't think that he had ever heard of a Harley before today.


I told them to look tough.  They're having a pretty hard time convincing me.


Liane Edwards  When I heard her singing, I thought that she sounded like the real thing; then I heard her speak French with my southern accent, and I knew.  


The Monza is now a classic?  This was my first car, bought by my parents when I was a senior in college for about $500.


A trike
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment