My son and I are leaving our small town in southeastern United States to live for a year in a small town in southeastern France. It couldn't possibly be THAT different, right?

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter in the park(s)

How do you spend almost no money in Paris?  Pack a lunch and head to one of its many parks!

The Jardin des Tuileries is the place to be!  If you stand in the right spot, you can see the Louvre, the Musée d'Orsay, the Eiffel Tower, the Place de la Concorde, and the Arc de Triomphe just by turning a little.

For two euros, you can rent a sailboat to push around one of the smaller ponds for thirty minutes.  I'm so glad that Jed did not accidentally-on-purpose fall in today because it was quite chilly.  The wind made for good sailing weather, though.

Making waves.


"Standing Figure" by Dutch American artist, Willem de Kooning, made more of an impression on me than it did Jed who thought that it resembled a pile of poop.  Where did I go wrong as a mother?!  :)   

She looked as though she could use a shoulder to lean on after working on her abs for hundreds of years.

Parc des Buttes-Chaumont  We came here to participate in their annual Easter Egg Hunt....
 and this is why we didn't!  There were thousands of people and no clear lines.  We paid our money for Haitian relief and got a goody bag and skipped the actual egg hunt.  We walked around the park and had a pricey hot chocolate instead.

My shaggy boy

Smiling because he knows that these heights make me nervous---especially when I'm on a tiny bridge with a low railing that my rambunctious child could fall over!

My arm isn't quite long enough for these shots, but we do them anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment