My son and I are leaving our small town in southeastern United States to live for a year in a small town in southeastern France. It couldn't possibly be THAT different, right?

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Speculoos


Well, as if I have not already gained enough weight while living in the land of bread and cheese, my waistline has a new enemy:  Speculoos!  Because it looks like peanut butter, I figured that it was a poor substitute so I never considered buying it until my friend Amy's sons raved about it over spring break.
  
According to the Speculoos website, the delicious cinnamon cookies are a specialty of Northern France and Belgium.  They taste great with coffee or tea and make a decent cheesecake crust. 
Someone apparently thought that the same flavor would also make a good spread----hence the further demise of my hips!  If there is any way for me to bring a case of this home, I will!  

No comments:

Post a Comment