My son and I are leaving our small town in southeastern United States to live for a year in a small town in southeastern France. It couldn't possibly be THAT different, right?

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Geneviève

On Tuesday, we said goodbye to Geneviève, the volunteer who has helped Jed on Tuesday afternoons all year.  He thought that she was too strict at first, but he came to appreciate her in the end.  He certainly has her and his main French teacher, Françoise Estival, to thank for his progress.
Unfortunately, we will not see Françoise before Jed leaves.  I called her this morning, and she is in a meeting in Valence tomorrow and will not be able to go by Jed's school.  We have a present for her, which we will leave with the principal.  I blubbered my thanks to her over the phone, and she told me how proud she is of Jed.  She said that he really opened up at the end and made lots of progress really quickly.
 I hope that this will lead to a lifetime love of learning languages and that he will continue to speak French.  I've told him that the next time I come back it will probably be to visit him while he studies here.    

No comments:

Post a Comment