My son and I are leaving our small town in southeastern United States to live for a year in a small town in southeastern France. It couldn't possibly be THAT different, right?

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Carrie's birthday


About forty adults and kids got together in Crest on Saturday night to celebrate Carrie's birthday.  We ate lamb chops and salad and beautiful desserts.


Fatima and her husband, Bruno, are two of Carrie's closest friends here.


Jeanne drove up from Narbonne for the festivities.


Mary was happy to have some girls to hang out with.  Most of the friends in Crest have teenage boys.


I'd love to kidnap Mary and make her into a southerner!  She's an excellent language student so she'd pick up our accent really quickly.


Sweet soul, Thierry, and his wife, Pascale, are Carrie's other close friends.  I have such a soft spot for these two that I cried when I said goodbye to them even though we've only seen each other at parties. 


What a small world!  My boss, Michel, was one of the guests.  

The evening was calmer than our last party here, but we had a wonderful time and went to bed way too late after swimming in the pool at 2:00 a.m.  


No comments:

Post a Comment