My son and I are leaving our small town in southeastern United States to live for a year in a small town in southeastern France. It couldn't possibly be THAT different, right?

Friday, July 6, 2012

Last day in France (featuring two angels)

   Well, once again, where would I be without my friends?!  Dom arrived at 7:30 this morning to take me to the train station.  I hardly slept a wink last night so I was moving slowly.  The weather was already warm and humid too so hauling heavy suitcases was even less fun than I had imagined.  She helped me get everything onto the train, and then I had about two minutes to thank her again for all that she has done for me this year.  I will miss her tremendously!

    I had a three-hour train ride to relax before the next big move of the day.  When I arrived at the Gare de Lyon, Kristen showed up to help me navigate the métro.  We moved my gigantic luggage into the hotel and then had lunch outdoors in a cute café.  While we were there, Kristen got a text from Stephen saying that he was passing through and wanted to meet for coffee.  We quickly finished up lunch and rushed back to the Gare de Lyon for a brief rendez-vous.  The rest of our day was spent walking, trying on perfume and visiting a free exhibit about the deportation of Jewish children during WWII at the Hôtel de Ville.

If my back can handle it, I leave for the airport around 7:00 tomorrow morning.  I won't have my two angels to help me this time so I'll just take it very slowly.


Kristen and Stephen


In front of the Conciergerie before the arrival of a big rain storm  Can you see the Eiffel Tower in the background?
  

No comments:

Post a Comment