My son and I are leaving our small town in southeastern United States to live for a year in a small town in southeastern France. It couldn't possibly be THAT different, right?

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Wednesday faculty meeting

My presence was really unnecessary at Wednesday's faculty meeting, but I went anyway just to see my colleagues.  Afterwards, Caroline and I met the German teachers in Montélimar for lunch.


Priscilla and Nadine will not be at my collège next year.  As their numbers are low, the department can send them wherever they are needed most.  Neither one has a poste fixe, which means that they travel between two schools every day.   


Wednesday night, I went to Brigitte and Yvan's house for a celebration of the end of classes.  Brigitte has been given a one-year sabbatical so she will not be at the collège next year either.  She will be studying to pass another national teachers' exam instead.  The cutie on the left is her daughter, Yanna.


The cutie on the right is Louise, Mary-Lise's daughter.  Mary-Lise's second child is due any day now so she will miss at least a few months of school as well.  


We had a fabulous time that lasted into the wee hours of the morning.  

No comments:

Post a Comment