My son and I are leaving our small town in southeastern United States to live for a year in a small town in southeastern France. It couldn't possibly be THAT different, right?

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Showing off the local sites


On Thursday after work, I took my visitors to the Arnaud Soubeyran Nougat Museum in Montélimar.  There I discovered a new love---caramel nougat!  Yum!


Sandwiches, salad, and wine for dinner


On Saturday, we went to the market before leaving for the Pont du Gard.  


We bought strawberries and raspberries and garlic olives.


After a picnic in the shade, we bumped down the hill on our bottoms to put our feet in the river.


Ellie and Phoebe swam to the other side despite the cold temperatures.


Eytan and Néo finally had to take off their pants so that they could go farther out in the water too.


Family photo at the Pont du Gard.  Lovely!


Susan and Marc


Dom sits with the kids after buying candy at the gift shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment