My son and I are leaving our small town in southeastern United States to live for a year in a small town in southeastern France. It couldn't possibly be THAT different, right?

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Last visitors


Look who dropped in today!  Ellie, Phoebe, Susan, and Marc are here!  After getting them settled in to the apartment, we went to the grocery store, took a stroll through downtown Montélimar, had a drink in a café, and then had a kebab at the kebab restaurant across from the park.  Although, extremely jet-lagged, the whole family soldiered through then collapsed before 8:30 when we returned to the apartment.   

Their arrival was just what I needed after a rough day at work that concluded with me leaving in tears.  I don't think that any students saw, but at least three colleagues did.  Oh well, there goes that dignity that I have worked so hard to preserve!  Tomorrow is another day.  Who can cry when they have adorable house guests like these?

No comments:

Post a Comment