My son and I are leaving our small town in southeastern United States to live for a year in a small town in southeastern France. It couldn't possibly be THAT different, right?

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Jed goes home (Part Deux) June 2nd



Jed and Sam wait to check in at Charles de Gaulle.  


Jed and Sam disappear into a tunnel on their way to security.  Hopefully Jed did not put his knife, dagger, or huge rocks into his backpack after I checked it the night before!  


So, after Jed and Sam left,  what did I do on the only day that I have ever spent in Paris by myself?  I had a three-hour lunch in a café with another AP grading friend, Heather.  


I then met fellow exchange teacher, Kristen, for a drink later in the afternoon before catching the train back to Montélimar.  That means that in two days in Paris, I saw a friend from Tennessee, one from Pennsylvania, and one from Illinois.  What a small world!


I wonder if the kids back in the neighborhood who draw on the sidewalks with chalk will grow up to do that for a living?  Pretty cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment