My son and I are leaving our small town in southeastern United States to live for a year in a small town in southeastern France. It couldn't possibly be THAT different, right?

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Fête de la Musique

One of my colleagues told me that a former Ministre de la Culture (Jack Lang, perhaps) declared June 21st National Fête de la Musique day in all of France.  Since that time, cities and villages have gone all out on that day (or the closest weekend) to showcase local and not-so-local talent in all musical genres.  I'm so glad that I was here for it, and I wish that Jed had been too.  It was a blast!  


  

On the way to the fête


Néo leads the way.


Eytan chills on the Place du Marché with a sirop à la pêche.



A cool singer with an even cooler hairstyle!  
There was music on almost every corner until way past midnight tonight.  After we left here, we passed by a classical concert at the church and a jazz trio behind the church.  We also saw brave people on stage singing karaoke.  We finished the night listening to students from my school rock out in front of the movie theatre.


The end of the soirée---the boys lasted until almost midnight thanks to long afternoon naps, Dom tells me.

No comments:

Post a Comment