My son and I are leaving our small town in southeastern United States to live for a year in a small town in southeastern France. It couldn't possibly be THAT different, right?

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Cousin reunion


Thanks to Jed's Aunt Ann, I can still post photos of him on my blog even though we're thousands of miles apart.  He arrived in Charlotte on Saturday around 2:30 local time and had quite the welcoming committee, from what I understand.  He was thrilled to see his cousins, Annie and Phoebe, but Grandmom was the person that he had missed the most.  


He seems to be surviving without me.  I posted the following quote on my Facebook page the day that he left:  
Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

My heart is now in South Carolina with his Dad, his dog, and his friends, and I think that we will both be ok.
Jed, if you're reading this, don't forget that "je t'aime comme une crazy woman!"

No comments:

Post a Comment