My son and I are leaving our small town in southeastern United States to live for a year in a small town in southeastern France. It couldn't possibly be THAT different, right?

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Sheep and goats in downtown Montélimar

The good people of Montélimar have come up with a creative way to fight spring allergies.  They have hired hundreds of sheep and goats to roam the banks of the Roubion River eating ragweed for the next month.
Jed and I stopped by after his fencing practice to check out this free petting zoo.  There were lots of people observing and mingling with the animals. 

The baby goats were the stars of the show.  They ran up and down this wall over and over---at times slipping and sliding into a heap at the bottom.

A working mother!  I can't believe that I got this shot.  She shooed the little ones away pretty quickly.

Another working mom!  At least I get Wednesdays off---unlike my friend above.


No comments:

Post a Comment