My son and I are leaving our small town in southeastern United States to live for a year in a small town in southeastern France. It couldn't possibly be THAT different, right?

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Le crosse and le brevet blanc

Jed's school cancelled classes for the afternoon in order for all of the kids to run in a cross country race around the school campus.  They were divided by year of birth and gender, and there were prizes for the top finishers in each category.  Jed's friend, Mattéo, won first place in the 2002 Boys competition, and Jed placed 11th out of 12 in the 2003 group after blazing past his friend, Ange, to avoid being in last place.

Mattéo

I was unable to attend le crosse because of my class schedule, but I heard that parents had to stay locked outside the gates, as usual, so I might not have seen much even if I had been there.

We had a big event at our school today too: le brevet blanc, which is a practice brevet.  What is the brevet, you ask?  It's a comprehensive exam that middle school students take at the end of troisième.  I helped proctor it in the cafeteria during my free period, and I was amazed at how seriously the students took it.    

No comments:

Post a Comment