My son and I are leaving our small town in southeastern United States to live for a year in a small town in southeastern France. It couldn't possibly be THAT different, right?

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Favorite views of the day

Jed and I went to see some of my students perform in Sauzet tonight, and on the way we were stopped in our tracks by the beauty of our surroundings.  OK, actually I was struck first and I exclaimed so much that Jed finally got into the scenery as well.  This is one of those moments when I realize that I really am turning into my mom who often gasps as we are driving somewhere.  I used to think that something bad was about to happen, but after many long drives together I now know that she has just seen a pretty patch of kudzu covering an abandoned trailer or caught a glimpse of an unusual cloud formation.  I hope that I can teach Jed to notice beauty everywhere just like my mom does.

A grove of peach trees and blue mountains

On the other side of the street is my absolute favorite view on the way to work:  a row of tall, skinny trees in front of a building with a caved-in roof in the middle of peach trees in bloom.  This is heaven!



No comments:

Post a Comment