My son and I are leaving our small town in southeastern United States to live for a year in a small town in southeastern France. It couldn't possibly be THAT different, right?

Friday, February 24, 2012

Volubilis

OK, this is the last post about Morocco, I promise!  I'm just trying to get it all down so that I don't forget a single thing.

An unexpected jewel of the tour was the Roman village, Volubilis.  As I had no idea that the Roman empire extended into northern Africa, these ruins came as a total surprise.

I'll just post a few photos now and fill in the details later.  It's past my bedtime!




Don't worry folks, they're married!  Erin and Dan are participating in an ancient fertility ritual, which led Jed to ask me LOTS of questions.  Thanks, y'all!




  

No comments:

Post a Comment