My son and I are leaving our small town in southeastern United States to live for a year in a small town in southeastern France. It couldn't possibly be THAT different, right?

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Desert sunset

It's hard to pick a trip highlight, but riding a camel to the top of a sand dune in the desert is certainly a contender for COOLEST THING EVER!

Jed was not at all sure about climbing aboard, but he agreed to just give it a try.

Seconds later, he was ready to go.

Erin and Dan shared a camel too even though the guides wanted them to separate.  We were tethered together, which just quadrupled our fun.  There were lots of giggles, especially when our guide, Hamid, asked me and Erin if we were enjoying our "massages."  Oh là là!  
Hamid was quite a character.  He and Jed had a blast sliding down the dunes.

Dan got in on the fun too!


Erin and Dan are in the lead; Jed and I are on the second camel, good ol'  number 6243.  

Our guide set this photo up.  

A beautiful end to Valentine's Day.

This trip was my birthday present to myself.  I couldn't be happier with how it turned out.


No comments:

Post a Comment