My son and I are leaving our small town in southeastern United States to live for a year in a small town in southeastern France. It couldn't possibly be THAT different, right?

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Brrrrrr!

Jed says that he is dressed up as me trying to look French in this photo. He is actually dressed up as me trying to stay warm.  Since the last few days of January, we have been freezing in our adopted country.  The coldest temperature that I have noticed in Montélimar is -14C with a wind chill factor of -25C.  The wind known as the Mistral is absolutely indescribable.  It is exhausting to walk against, and it feels as though it cuts through us.

I don't know if the weather is to blame, but Jed and I both have been sniffly.  I had to keep him home from school on Monday, and he is taking Augmentin and steroids for the second time this winter.  

We are luckier than a lot of people, though.  I just read that over four hundred people have died in Europe this winter, mostly during this latest cold snap.  

No comments:

Post a Comment