My son and I are leaving our small town in southeastern United States to live for a year in a small town in southeastern France. It couldn't possibly be THAT different, right?

Friday, January 20, 2012

Tough love

The beginning of January has been tough from a disciplinary stand point.  My students continue to test me every chance that they get.  The difference now is that I am starting to win a few of the battles.  I know where to send them and with which slips of paper and what to write in their correspondence notebook so I no longer fumble when I should be firm.  In the last two weeks I have written up two kids for insolence, two others for lying to me, four others for cheating on tests, and one for disturbing class.  I have also made an entire class write "I will not talk when the teacher or a classmate is talking" twenty times.  I let a boy slide who used the verb "sauter" to say that I had skipped his name when calling the roll simply because I did not want to put in writing that he had actually said that I had f^#*ed him.  Jeez!  What will they think of next?  I'm afraid to ask!

No comments:

Post a Comment