My son and I are leaving our small town in southeastern United States to live for a year in a small town in southeastern France. It couldn't possibly be THAT different, right?

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Shopping with Carrie and Mary

It was a gorgeous Saturday in Montélimar so Jed and I joined Carrie and Mary (and the rest of the city, apparently) for a day of shopping.  Jed would normally rather stick a needle in his eye than shop, and I don't have a lot of shopping stamina myself, but the company was so good that we had a lot of fun.  Before  hitting "the zone," we stopped by the market downtown and met Dom and Eytan at a café for a drink.

The pros, Carrie and Mary, know where to look for the good bargains.  We didn't pay more than a few euros for anything.  The sales will be coming to an end in a few weeks so prices have been slashed to 70% in most places, and there is still good stuff.  

On my fourth attempt, I got a photo of Eytan looking at the camera.

Darn!  I thought that we had moved that beer out of the picture!  It was noon, and that felt early to be having a 1664.  On market days, Jed and I often see people drinking a beer at 10:30 or 11:00, though.  The place was packed this morning due to the lovely weather.

Jed and Mary are in "the zone," the commercial district of the city.  
My big purchase of the day was Free Gun underwear for Jed and his friends in the US.  Thankfully, we found a good price on it at Centrakor.

No comments:

Post a Comment