My son and I are leaving our small town in southeastern United States to live for a year in a small town in southeastern France. It couldn't possibly be THAT different, right?

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Fencing mom

 For the second Saturday in a row, I devoted much of the day to Jed's new sport, fencing.  We volunteered to work the concession stand at an adult tournament in Montélimar again, and we found some familiar faces there.  I worked with Nathalie (the mom of Max, Jed's coach-in-training) again, and Jed played with brothers Jules and Paul plus Bastien and Grégory.  I also met a new couple (Gregory's parents) and really enjoyed working with them.  It was a gorgeous day that we probably should have spent outdoors, but being in contact with lots of people always gives me a lot of energy so I'm glad that we did it.

Paul and Jed

Jed throwing a ping pong ball to Paul

After running all over the gym playing cops and robbers and hide and seek, the boys finally settled down to have a snack and play their video games.   

                                                                                       
                                                                                           


The guy in the foreground is Jed's coach, Clément.  He appears to be winning this match, but what do I know?

No comments:

Post a Comment