My son and I are leaving our small town in southeastern United States to live for a year in a small town in southeastern France. It couldn't possibly be THAT different, right?

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Jed's birthday


My sweet boy is eight-years old today.  Because we knew that we would be in France, we had his party with his friends from home in August and had planned just to go out alone today, probably to McDonald's.  Plans changed when Jed made friends with the boys from the apartment complex, though.  We did not have a big event, but all five boys that he likes so much were able to come out into the courtyard after dinner to have a donut feast with us.  We spread out a blanket and had a sugary picnic, and then the boys ran off most of their extra energy playing tag.
I am so grateful for these kids!  They have no idea!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds wonderful. Reminds me of when I was a kid and played outdoor games with everyone in the neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete