My son and I are leaving our small town in southeastern United States to live for a year in a small town in southeastern France. It couldn't possibly be THAT different, right?

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Errands

     Jed and I do not have school on Wednesdays so I look forward to this eventually being our favorite day of the week.  I envision us sleeping in, going to the market around 11:00, having lunch in town, playing in the park, coming home to read or take a nap, and then heading to fencing practice before thinking about homework for the next day.
    We have not been here long enough to lounge around yet, though.  We are still trying to get ourselves established in Montélimar.  Today was our third or fourth trip to the bank to open one simple checking account, and we still need to return on Friday morning to pick up our bank cards.
     We also spent some time today inquiring about sports options for Jed.  He wants to do both soccer and fencing, but I'm not sure how much that will cost because both are year-round commitments here.  We are going to attend a practice for each before making our final decision, I think.
    In the meantime, though, we went to the Centre Medical du Sport in town and got Jed's required sports physical.  We have a letter from Jed's doctor in Spartanburg stating that he is healthy enough to participate in sports, but it is not recognized here.  We had to see a French doctor.  Fortunately, the visit cost us absolutely nothing.  We did not even have any papers to fill out.  After a ten-minute exam, we were out the door!
    I like to post a photo with every entry here so here is my dinner:  a goat cheese salad.  I bought the onion, tomato, and lettuce at the market and the cheese at the grocery store.  I made my own vinaigrette and ate fresh bread with it.  Yum!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment